Festivals are special times for so many different reasons. They are an opportunity to spend quality and fun time with family, exchange gifts, host parties, have delicious food, and dress up in gorgeous attires. The best way to find the perfect dress for your festive needs is to consider your body type, personality, and occasion. For instance,
- Body Type: If you have an hourglass figure, then buying a festival dress that is tight at the top and loose at the bottom will look great on you. A more relaxed body type will look better in an outfit with a more fitted bodice, while someone with a more curvy frame should wear a dress that is loose around the waist but hugs their curves.
- Personality: Do you like bold colours? Or do you prefer more subdued ones? These choices will help determine what type of ethnic festival dress will be right for you!
- Preference: Do you prefer trending styles and colours, or are you a sucker for classics! If you love following trends, here is a short list of trending colours in Indian ethnic wear for you: teal green, hot pink, mauve, fuchsia pink, soft lilac and other pastels, ivory and beige, chocolate brown, bright yellow, sage green, maroon, wine, and metallic colours.
We’ve got plenty of captivating options to help you get ready for Eid and other upcoming festivals in style. From Indian ethnic dresses to fusion wear, we have covered all the ethnic trends in this blog.
Enchanting Festival/traditional wear ideas
Kaftan Dresses for Eid:
If you want something more comfortable than most other Eid dresses but still look stunning, this is the one for you! We love Kaftan Eid dresses for their versatility and ease of wear.
Kaftan Trend Alert!
- Embroidered velvet kaftan
- Kaftan with fitted pants and belt set
- Printed high-slit kaftan kurta
- Belted Kaftan
- Asymmetric kaftan kurta.
Saree is a classic ethnic wear for women, which is loved for its versatility and timeless appeal. From puja ceremonies to evening Eid parties, Saree blends in well. However, if you avoid wearing a saree because of the pleating and draping hassle- you are in for a surprise! Designer ready-to-wear sarees take only one minute to style and save you the trouble of draping as well.
Saree Trend Alert!
- Printed ruffled pre-draped saree
- Pre-stitched velvet saree
- Embroidered saree set with blouse
- Belted saree
- Stitched saree set with belt and blouse.
Designer Festival Kurtas
Designer party wear kurtas for women are easy to style and budget-friendly. You can create multiple looks with a single kurta by pairing it with different ethnic bottoms such as sharara pants, palazzo, ethnic skirts, lehenga skirts, cigarette pants, tiered ghararas, etc.
Festival Kurta Trend Alert!
- Printed kurta with attached dupatta
- Ruffle dupatta maxi kurta
- One shoulder kurta
- Layered maxi kurta
- Draped kurta with belt
- Long Anarkali kurta with attached dupatta.
Ethnic Crop Tops
Fusion tops and blouses are absolutely gorgeous! From silk tops, sequin blouses, strappy crop tops, embroidered ethnic jackets, long Indian tops, and silk blouses to peplum tops, Indo-western crop tops are a rage this season (and they are here to stay!).
Ethnic Crop Top Blouse Trend Alert!
- Mirror and thread embroidered blouse
- Bell sleeve crop top
- Strappy off-shoulder crop top
- Blouse with attached dupatta
- Halter ethnic crop top
- One shoulder blouse.
Everybody loves pretty lehengas! But since they can’t be worn regularly, they are the top festive and wedding clothing preference of many Indian women. But if you have less time to prep for your festive look, you must check out designer lehenga. You can pair them with blouses, silk/satin/embroidered shirts, ethnic crop tops, designer kurtas or traditional blouses.
Lehenga Skirt Trend Alert!
- Flared lehenga
- Lehenga skirt with cancan
- Draped lehenga skirt
- Organza lehenga skirt
- Ruffled ethnic skirt
- Layered lehenga skirt
- Sequin embroidered lehenga skirt.
Do let us know about your go-to festive wear in the comments below.