Eyelashes are a valued part of our face. Not only do they frame the face but also amplify its charm and youthfulness.
People often consider Eyelashes to be a trait that only beautifies the face but Eyelashes are far more significant than just serving as a beauty feature.
Importance of Eyelashes.
Eyelashes are extra sensitive to the touch. As an automatic and reflexive response, eyelashes shut instantly when any object (or insect) is about to get in contact with the eyes, thus protecting our eyes from potential incoming danger.
It also filters out sunlight that shines onto the eyes and provides protection from UVA and UVB rays, no matter how minimal the protection is.
The curved shape of both sets of eyelashes keeps the eyes clean by slipping all the dust, dirt, sweat, and lint particles out of the eyes.
Eyelashes also keep the eyes moist by minimizing the flow of air on the surface of the eyes.
Therefore, eyelashes are consequential.
And we unknowingly put them through harsh conditions every day.
What causes eyelash loss.?
Eyelashes grow, fall out and regrow in a natural cycle, like the hair on top of the head. It is normal to lose an eyelash for two days however the rapid loss of lashes could be due to your daily activities or a symptom of an underlying health problem. This includes:
- Irritation from cosmetics: Leaving eye makeup such as eyeliner or mascara for too long or overnight can dry out our eyelashes. Dry lashes are more likely to break and fall prematurely.
- The regular and incessant usage of (heated or non-heated) eyelash curlers.
- Applying fake lashes along with lash glue.
- Undergoing lash lift treatments. These procedures use glue which includes chemicals and ingredients that are harmful and may cause bloodshot eyes, itching, and swelling. It can also cause eyelashes to break or thin out.
- Using expired makeup is another reason for eyelash damage. Old mascara may contain harmful bacteria which in turn can cause lash loss, damage, and infection.
- Roughly rubbing over the eyelashes is another reason to cause damage to them.
- Blepharitis: When the oil gland near the base of eyelashes gets clogged, it causes chronic inflammation and problems in eyelash follicles. Itchiness, burning, redness, or swelling of the eyelids may indicate this condition.
- Trichotillomania: An ailment where people pull out their Eyelashes habitually due to emotional or psychological distress.
- Skin cancer: Eyelash loss can be a sign of skin cancer on eyelids. It hinders eyelash growth as harmful cells spread.
Eyelash serum are the best-known options to reduce thinning of lashes and lash loss to the maximum caused by the above-mentioned reasons.
Packed with growth-stimulating and hydrating elements like vitamins, hyaluronic acid, panthenol, castor oil, and peptides, a lash serum will boost the volume, length, and overall health of your lashes.
Eyelash serum condition and hydrate your lash hair as well as stimulate the lash hair follicles to keep them in a growth phase.
However, not all lash serums may contribute to lash hair improvement, rather they just make the lashes look more voluminous and hydrated. If you are specifically looking for growth-inducing serums, look for ingredients like bimatoprost, and isopropyl cloprostenol, the fatty acid compounds that aid in hair growth.
For noticeable results, it is recommended to apply lash serums regularly for about 8-10 weeks. Once you will achieve darker, stronger, and thicker lashes, you can reduce the application to four nights a week. Remember that consistency is the key to achieving fluttery, long lashes.
However, lash serums are not for everyone to use. People who have a skin allergy or sensitive skin should be wary of using this product. And if you develop burning, itching or redness, it’s best to discontinue the product. The lash serum should always be applied to clean and dry lashes.
BENEFITS OF USING EYELASH SERUM.
Rich in vitamins and peptides, eyelash serum promotes hair growth in eyelashes and eyebrows.
Lash serums will boost the hair follicles to grow more. Thus, there’s a decrease in hair breakage and hair loss.
The use of lash serum not only helps in retaining healthy hair but also increases the speed of eyelash growth and also provides hydration to eyelashes.
Applying two healthy coats of the eyelash serum will suffice your need of getting healthier lashes and a bolder-looking lash line.
Eyelash serums are safe to use and can be used by anyone, even those who’ve gone through chemotherapy, to encourage regrowth.
Applying lash serum before sleeping will eventually lead to longer, stronger, and fluttery eyelashes.
It is necessary to follow the routine religiously to get the best results.
HOW TO APPLY EYELASH SERUM
- Begin with skincare: Wash your face with a suitable cleanser to remove any dirt, oil, or makeup. Removing makeup is essential for the eyelash serum to adhere to your lash line. Remove your contact lenses too.
- Apply the serum: Use a brush applicator, cotton swab, or a spoolie to apply a layer to your upper lash line at the root of your eyelashes, starting from the inner corner of your eye and going to the outer corner.
- Repeat the same process on the upper lash line of your other eye.
TIPS FOR APPLYING EYELASH SERUM
- Apply the eyelash serum according to the instructions. Do not apply more than two layers once or twice a day.
- Avoid applying it on the lower lash line as it can cause ducts to be blocked and irritation to the eyes.
- If you are applying Eyelash serum in the morning, wait for at least 5 minutes for it to dry before starting your makeup. Eye makeup will not stick to your lash line if the serum is wet.
- Use continually for noticeable results.
- Try an FDA-approved formula that boosts hair follicles and promotes eyelash growth. It’s better to get a lash serum approved by dermatologists as the active ingredient in lash serums, bimatoprost, can cause side effects such as irritation and permanent eye color change
Some of the well-known eyelash serums available in the market are RevitaLash Advanced Eyelash conditioner, RapidLash eyelash enhancing serum, LASHFOOD Phyto-medic eyelash enhancing serum, vegaLash volumizing serum, etc.
In conclusion, applying Eyelash serum is highly beneficial for your lashes. Along with providing your lashes with multiple required vitamins, it will make your lashes thicker, longer, and stronger.